SHORT OFFICIAL-ISH BIOGRAPHY
Jamie Michalak is a former editor and the author of many children’s books. Her titles include the multiple-star reviewed NIKI NAKAYAMA: A CHEF’S TALE IN 13 BITES, co-written with Debbi Michiko Florence and illustrated by Yuko Kato-Jones; DAKOTA CRUMB: TINY TREASURE HUNTER and DAKOTA CRUMB AND THE SECRET BOOKSHOP: A TINY TREASURE HUNT, illustrated by Kelly Murphy; the FRANK AND BEAN early reader series, illustrated by Bob Kolar; the JOE AND SPARKY early readers series, illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz; and COME ON IN: THERE’S A PARTY IN THIS BOOK!, illustrated by Sabine Timm. Jamie is also the author of many movie and TV show adaptations.
When not writing, she can often be found singing off-key, drinking too much coffee, or hanging out with her two sons. Jamie was born in Springfield, Massachusetts and now resides with her family in Barrington, Rhode Island.
TEN OTHER LITTLE THINGS
- My favorite food is toast. I can eat toast until the cows come home.
- I do not own cows. But I do have two boys who drink a lot of milk. (Maybe I should own a cow.)
- My assistant is a good dog named Lucy Caboose. She enjoys graphic novels.
- I’ve had many odd jobs, including dressing up as a large mouse at a mouse-themed restaurant.
- The mouse costume was too big . . . and stinky. This was not my favorite job.
- I also worked at a toy company and named toys, including a NERF blaster.
- As a child, I often got into trouble for daydreaming. I still do.
- When I was young, I wanted to be Harriet the Spy. This did not go over well with my neighbors.
- Like Harriet, I carry a secret notebook.
- I love visiting schools and meeting super readers!